Job Display - Return to Search Results
GBR-London Finance Analyst - Risk Control and Assurance
**Finance Analyst - Risk, Control and Assurance**
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
**Why this role matters**
This role will support the delivery of the Enterprise risk, control and assurance programme including the 1st line assurance programme for Finance and Revenue and Billing, in line with Group requirements. The role holder will also support on contract accounting risk and assurance ensuring we’re acting in line with both external and Group accounting policies.
**What youll be doing**
• Support the delivery of the SOX reporting and assurance testing programme for Enterprise
• Support the design and delivery of Enterprise’s 3 Lines of Defence programme management and implementation, in line with Group requirements, including 1st line assurance programme activities for Finance and Revenue and Billing functions
• Work with business and finance leads to identify in our billing / revenue processes the risks, controls and opportunities to improve billing accuracy and reduce revenue leakage
• Support the management of Enterprise’s Finance risk register
• Contract accounting / assurance, GR9 (group risk): undertake assurance activities to ensure Long Term Contract Accounting Policy (LCAP) is maintained and consistent with IFRS and Group Accounting policies
**Well also need to see these on your CV**
• Controls, Compliance and Risk: Mitigates and remediates gaps in controls through addressing control weaknesses, recommending alternatives and developing approaches to mitigate. Defines specific control project scope and approach, and plans and completes controls advisory projects for financial systems and functions.
• Finance Processes: Recommends and implements efficiency and effectiveness measures.
• Accounting: Leverages knowledge from multiple functional areas and anticipates impact of future requirements.Understands and consistently applies an advanced knowledge and understanding of company financial statements, accounting principles.
• Statutory and External Financial Reporting: Manages relationships with external and internal stakeholders, including external auditors. Is accountable for the accounting interpretation, treatment, completeness and accuracy
Experience you would be expected to have
• Part or fully qualified accountant (mandatory)
• Risk, controls and assurance experience, including SOX (preferred)
• IFRS technical accounting skills (preferred)
• Experience of financial management and delivery of improved financial performance (preferred)
• Experience working with billing/revenue systems or similar (preferred)
**Why choose us?**
We have around 1.2 million customers and serve over half the FTSE 350. Our customers range from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. We cover both the communications and IT services markets. Overall we’re focused on four main product markets: Fixed Voice; Mobility; Fibre and connectivity; networked IT services provided over the biggest UK network in both fixed and mobile communications. We also provide network IT services to corporate and public sector organisations in the Republic of Ireland.
Our Wholesale business helps communications providers (CPs) and other organisations provide fixed or mobile phone services. Our ventures provide mass-market services like directory enquiries and payphones, and enterprise services including Fleet Solutions and BT Redcare. We also offer specialist enterprise services to our Internet of Things customers.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
**Title:** _Finance Analyst - Risk, Control and Assurance_
**Location:** _GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London-London_
**Requisition ID:** _112262_More information on this Job
ID: 20694454 - Save Job
: Community Jobs
British Telecom Services serving worlwide.
British Telecom Careers