Job Display - Return to Search Results
**Senior Commercial Finance Analyst - Media & Broadcasting**
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
**Why this role matters**
Contributes to commercial finance processes and strategy for the Media & Broadcast Sector within Wholesale, partnering with the business to provide financial insight and guidance to support effective business strategy development, decision making and performance management.
**What youll be doing**
• Takes accountability for discreet and/or complex bids within a specific field of responsibility
• Identify and quantify financial risk – key input to the bid decision making process
• Support and make recommendations into customer negotiations
• Produce bid P&L and cashflow for Complex Network and Non-standard bids
• Support the preparation of robust investment appraisals and business cases for developments to existing and new products and propositons by providing commercial and financial analysis.
• Support in the rebuild of existing and new proposition pricing tools/rates cards with the Products and Proposition team for the new media network. This will require interfacing with the Enterprise Commercial & Transformation team to ensure knowledge in regards to best practice on pricing and sales channel models.
• To provide support and insight on customer profitability, Marketing ROI / Offers / Discounts
• To actively seek out opportunities to optimise revenue and cost, and challenge the business to deliver them.
• Supporting Cost Transformation agenda and following through to P&L
**Connected leaders behaviours**
• Bold decision maker: Problem solves to achieve business unit plans, providing expertise and insight to support bold decisions.
• Collaborative partner: Maintains internal and external relationships, collaborating both operationally and technically to deliver business results.
• Commercial thinker: Uses understanding of internal commercial insight and latest external thinking to develop, and implement ideas that benefit BT
• Recommendation into the finance ‘A’ (Wholesale FD)
• Recommendation on win price and deal strategy (Channel Director, Wholesale MD, C&T Commercial Director)
**Well also need to see these on your CV**
• Business expertise: Scenario and sensitivity modelling, assuring appropriate investment appraisal for BT
• Stakeholder Management work closely with and influence:
• Main decision stakeholders – Channel Directors, Wholesale MD, Wholesale FD
• Bid team stakeholders – Account Director/manager, Sales Specialist, Solution
Architect/Director, Programme Manager, PMO, Legal team, Technical Design Authority up to CTO,
• Customer/Supplier stakeholders – Procurement, Technology, Finance and Legal representatives, Procurement Consultants with purchasing power on behalf of the organisation.
• A true customer champion, with an ability to truly influence customer experience, demonstrating real customer empathy in everything they do
• Demonstrates an extremely high level of analytical capability
• Ability to develop and own bespoke and / or complex pricing structures
• Ability to explain clearly and concisely the commercial drivers to a decision and its financial consequences
• Ability to interpret financials into meaningful insight, to inform decision making.
• Understands the M&B industry with good product knowledge.
• An excellent track record of effectively influencing the stakeholder requirements from both a BT or EE (company strategic priorities) and external perspective
• Experience of business case and cost transformation activities.
**Why choose us?**
We’ve always been an organisation with purpose; to use the power of communications to make a better world. You can trace this back to our beginning as pioneers of the world’s first telecommunications company. At our heart we’re a technology company with research and innovation in our bones and a desire to be personal, simple, and brilliant for our customers - those are the values we live by whilst also creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed.
Our pursuit of progress over the past 180 years has established BT as a strong, successful brand, with huge scale capable of achieving great things. From supporting emergency services, hospitals, banks and keeping economies around the world online, safe and secure, to delivering large scale technology infrastructure like the creation of BT Sport.
Today in this fast changing, always on, digital world our purpose remains true. Yet the market conditions, regulation and competition we face are tougher than ever before. So if you have the drive, optimism and resilience to help propel us forward we’ll offer unrivalled personal development, a wealth of opportunities to learn, experience new things and pursue new careers. If that’s you and what you’re looking for, we’d love you to be part of our future.
Our Wholesale business helps communications providers (CPs) and other organisations provide fixed, broadcast or mobile phone services. Our ventures provide mass-market services like directory enquiries and payphones, and enterprise services including Fleet Solutions and BT Redcare. We also offer specialist enterprise services to our Internet of Things customers.
Media & Broadcast (M&B) has provided managed network services to deliver flawless networked video for more than 60 years. The business moves up to 16,000 hours of content a day through BT Tower, serving more than 500 media production and distribution customers around the world. As well as being the backbone of all UK TV services, M&B distribute TV channels for companies like NBC Universal and Viacom and link the global production community, from Soho, to Bollywood, to Hollywood – and beyond.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
**Job:** _Corporate functions_
**Title:** _Senior Commercial Finance Analyst - Media & Broadcasting_
**Location:** _GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London-London_
**Requisition ID:** _114023_More information on this Job
ID: 21770880 - Save Job
: Community Jobs
British Telecom Services serving worlwide.
British Telecom Careers