Job Display - Return to Search Results
GBR-Darlington Placement - Engineering Aftertreatment Integration Test Operations
**Placement - Engineering (Aftertreatment Integration Test Operations)**
Cummins are now recruiting for our 2020 intake of 12 month placements in the UK, whichprovide a meaningful opportunity for university students to accomplish real-world projects in a professional environment.
If successful on the programme you may be given the opportunity to work part-time during your final year of study and/or be offered the opportunity to return as a graduate.
The responsibilities of this role will include :-
99. Interpret test requests for Euro VI and Stage V diesel engine and aftertreatment development testing in engine dynamometer test cells, write test instructions, prepare necessary test scripts and logging files.
99. Manage prototype equipment inventories at on and offsite storage facilities.
99. Ensure engine, aftertreatment and associated hardware is available and set-up correctly for each test.
99. Oversee the operation of the test cell and provide support to the test cell operator and facilities team when necessary (answer questions and clarification requests related to test instructions and hardware).
99. Analyse test data for test quality and identify issues with the test related to either equipment or software.
99. Troubleshoot test cell issues including hardware, test sequence and scripting, instructions and test procedures and provide both short- and long-term solutions.
99. Develop new and manage existing test procedures for both standard and non-standard tasks.
99. Support occasional vehicle testing, including logging data on both stationary and mobile testing.
99. Learn about development and performance testing of the Euro VI and Stage V diesel engine aftertreatment systems produced by Cummins.
99. This role is hands-on, you will be given the opportunity to carry out testing and support operators in equipment installation and trouble shooting.
1.Details of the Euro VI & Stage V engine and aftertreatment systems produced by Cummins.
2.Software training specific to the role (AVL PUMA & Concerto, Cummins CDAT, Calterm & Insite).
99. Test cell and vehicle testing processes and procedures.
4.Mentor / guide provided to assist candidate throughout the Placement period.
99. Presentation and communication skills as part of the Cummins Student Development scheme.
99. Guidance on future career progression.
99. Studying BEng or MEng in Mechanical, Automotive, Chemical or equivalent Engineering discipline – STEM degrees also considered (e.g. Physics).
99. Good knowledge of MS office (excel and word).
99. Methodical and data-based approach to problem solving.
99. Strong team working skills.
99. Knowledge of diesel engine architecture and/or test cell operation an advantage but not essential – training will be provided.
**Primary Location** United Kingdom-England-Darlington-UK, Darlington, Cummins Emissions Solutions Ltd
**Job Type** Cooperative / 12 Month Placement
**Recruitment Job Type** Student - Cooperative/12 Month Placement
**Job Posting** Dec 20, 2019, 5:39:44 AM
**Unposting Date** Ongoing
**Req ID:** 190004DTMore information on this Job
ID: 22474269 - Save Job
: Engineering Jobs
Cummins is a global power leader that designs, manufactures, sells and services diesel engines and related technology around the world. Cummins serves its customers through its network of 600 company-owned and independent distributor facilities and more than 7,200 dealer locations in over 190 countries and territories.
Cummins Inc. is organized into four distinct but complementary business units: