Job Display - Return to Search Results
GBR-Darlington Supplier Quality Improvement Placement Student Job at Cummins
**Supplier Quality Improvement – Placement Student**
We are looking for an independent and driven **Supplier Quality Improvement (SQI) – Placement Student** to **join our EMEA SQI team** which is primarily responsible for the **management of suppliers** in this region on **Quality Related Matters** for products being supplied into our **UK and overseas locations** and provides an exciting opportunity to sample a Supplier Quality career in a dynamic global business environment for our **Corporate / Cummins Business Services** business segment **in Huddersfield** . This role can be also based in **Daventry or Darlington.**
During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
In this role, you will **make an impact in the following ways:**
* Building relationship with suppliers in EMEA region and perform supplier visits and virtual networking.
* Working with a group of suppliers to assure quality performance, analysis of data, maintaining and monitoring supplier scorecards and supplier performance.
* Reading, understanding and communicating technical drawings and specifications.
* Engaging across several teams, gaining category experience and closely interacting with purchasing, plant quality, engineering teams and other stakeholders.
* Understanding and implementing problem solving tools.
* Being involve in functional excellence project by having the opportunity to work with other Business Units to improve common processes, tools and resources to better achieve business goals.
**To be successful** in this role **you will need the following:**
* We are looking for a wide range of applicants studying towards a Bachelor or Masters degree from across all Engineering & STEM-related subjects and not graduating this academic year.
* Presentation and communication skills, positive attitude, strong personal motivation.
* Has experience in, and can demonstrate, relevant examples of Cummins core values e.g. voluntary work, community involvement activities, working with disadvantaged groups, charity related support, delivering superior results, teamwork, competencies and outside education experiences.
* PC literacy – knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
**Primary Location** United Kingdom-England-West Yorkshire-UK, Huddersfield, CTT St Andrews Road
**Other Locations** United Kingdom-England-Darlington-UK, Darlington, Cummins Emissions Solutions Ltd, United Kingdom-England-Northamptonshire-UK, Daventry, Cummins Engines Ltd. Unit B
**Job Type** Cooperative / 12 Month Placement
**Recruitment Job Type** Student - Cooperative/12 Month Placement
**Job Posting** Oct 22, 2020, 6:39:18 AM
**Unposting Date** Ongoing
**Req ID:** 200002T2More information on this Job
ID: 26851140 - Save Job
: Education Jobs
Cummins is a global power leader that designs, manufactures, sells and services diesel engines and related technology around the world. Cummins serves its customers through its network of 600 company-owned and independent distributor facilities and more than 7,200 dealer locations in over 190 countries and territories.
Cummins Inc. is organized into four distinct but complementary business units:
GBR-Huddersfield Supplier Quality Improvement Placement Student
GBR-Daventry Manufacturing Engineering - Placement Student
GBR-Huddersfield Marketing Operations - Placement Student
GBR-Daventry BLOCKLINE QUALITY PLACEMENT STUDENT
GBR-Darlington Indirect Purchasing Placement Student
GBR-Darlington HR SHARED SERVICE Placement Student
GBR-Darlington Purchasing Placement Student
GBR-Peterborough Supply Chain Services - Placement Student
GBR-Daventry CUSTOMER QUALITY - PLACEMENT STUDENT
GBR-Darlington Human Resources - Placement Student
Monsanto UK jobs
Newell Rubbermaid jobs
Simply Sales Jobs jobs
BMS UK jobs
Senior Sales Jobs jobs
Simply It Sales jobs