The Sports Centre has a vacancy for a Duty Manager within the Facilities Division. The post is full time working an average of 36.5 hours over a 7-day week. The Duty Manager is responsible for opening and closing the centre on a shift basis, including weekends, early morning, evenings and public holidays.
You will have experience of supervising staff in a customer focussed environment. You will be able to encourage staff to develop themselves whilst also developing your own knowledge and understanding. You will have knowledge and experience of industry specific health and safety legislation. You will be an experienced Microsoft Office user and be able to present information in an accurate and appropriate manner.
You will have a can do attitude, be ready to embrace change and have a team focussed approach. You must be able to set and achieve high standards for yourself and others. A flexible approach to working is essential as the position involves shift work.
The main duties of the post will be:
· On a shift basis, to plan and control the work of operational staff;
· To ensure excellent levels of customer service at all times;
· To assist the Centre Manager with the recruitment and development of staff;
· To account for all financial transactions and monies taken during a shift and to prepare
such money for banking;
· To ensure that downtime of equipment is kept to a minimum with the timely reporting of
· To ensure the cleanliness of the Centre;
· To be responsible for the opening, closing and security of the Centre;
· To ensure the safety of all staff and visitors to the facility;
· To ensure excellent communication within the team by conducting regular meetings with
all staff groups;
· Responsibility for one of the following areas:- staff training, maintenance of equipment
and facilities or health and safety.
Operating in accordance with the centres Normal Operating Procedures and Emergency Action Plans, in order to provide a safe environment for students, staff and local community.
We welcome applications from people in all diversity groups.
Closing Date: 01 Nov 2020
Category: Support - Administrative
Pro Vice-Chancellor Education 4843
Employer Partnerships Development Officer Knowledge Exchange and Enterprise EP17-16
HR Advisor Apprentice HROD20-06
IT Security Analyst 102020-354
Director of Marketing and Communications 102020-383
Associate Dean - Research and Enterprise 102020-380
Student Success Adviser 102020-377
Student Success Adviser part time 175 hours per week 102020-378
Faculty Employability Administrator 102020-379
Policy Analyst 102020-370
Staffordshire University jobs
Birmingham City University jobs
Nine Twenty jobs
Simply Business jobs
Red Carnation Hotels jobs
Chess Telecom jobs
Money Penny jobs
Holiday Extras jobs
Connect Catering jobs
Mishcon de Reya jobs
We are happy to help, send us any question you like.