Job Display - Return to Search Results
Data Architect London GB Job at Vodafone
More information on this Job
Responsible for the alignment of data modelling requirements to support the migration to cloud of all Vodafone’s data feeds. The role will include working with Data & Analytics teams across Vodafone markets to source required data, analyse it and model it to align it to CIM (Common Information Model) – which is Vodafone’s version of the industry’s standard SID (Shared Information and Data model). Data modelling will also extend through to the presentation layer in GCP (Google Cloud Platform).
The Data Architect will collaborate with IT to align on CIM and its evolution, as well as aligning with the cloud migration timeline and prioritisation and with Vodafone’s Data Governance strategy.
- Data Provision: Ensure the provision of high quality models of data to support mapping to CIM
- Understand our current data landscape and how it can be leveraged
- Source, analyse and cleanse and model new data
- Define data models and requirements for the cloud migration
- Data Strategy: proactively work with IT and our customers to deliver a world class data environment
- Partner with IT to transition data into strategic repositories and models
- Optimise our data landscape to drive down the cost of data in Vodafone
- Data Expertise: Be the subject matter experts in all things data, helping to develop our team and innovating to improve our service
- Provide technical and data modelling domain expertise to the wider team to continuously improve the quality of our products
- Drive data innovation in partnership with Group Technology
You must have
- Degree qualified in a data related subject
- Experience of technical data models, particularly on cloud, and ability to drive technology on design/implementation
- Experience of BI systems, data governance and compliance activities
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Experience in telecommunication data models is preferred (SID – Shared Information and Data model)
What’s in it for you?
- 28 days holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5 days) plus public holidays
- Flexible working
- Pension matching scheme of up to 10%
- 5 paid days leave for charity projects
- MyChoices portal - cycle to work scheme, 100’s of retail discounts, shares and salary sacrifice schemes
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Interest free commuter loan
- Global parental leave policy for all new parents coming in 2020 which includes 16 weeks fully paid leave and upon returning to work, new parents can work part-time hours for 6 months whilst being paid their full-time salary
- Access to Vodafone University and LinkedIn Learning
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too.
Get to know us better here and find out what life at Vodafone could be like for you on
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any application-related enquiries.
The future is exciting. Ready?
ID: 26853160 - Save Job
: Retail Jobs
We have extensive experience in connectivity, convergence and the Internet of Things, as well as championing mobile financial services and digital transformation in emerging markets.
Since making the first mobile call in the UK on 1 January 1985, Vodafone has grown into an international business and one of the most valuable brands in the world. We have mobile operations in 22 countries, partner with mobile networks in 42 more, and provide fixed broadband in 17 markets.
As of 30 June 2020, Vodafone Group had approximately 300+ million mobile customers, 27 million fixed broadband customers and 22 million TV customers, including all of the customers in Vodafone’s joint ventures and associates.
Data Design Lead Eim And Semantic London GB
Programme Manager GB
Field Technician London GB
Machine Learning and Ai Architect GB
Technical Product Owner GB
Product Owner GB
Retail Adviser 25hrsweek - Inverness Inverness GB
Lead Pega Developer Newbury Full-time remote work GB
Customer Service Analyst UK Burnley GB
Retail Technical Expert 375hrsweek - Crewe Crewe GB
Wyndham Hotels jobs
Newcastle University jobs
Mobile Mini jobs
Royal Mail Group jobs
Premier Inn jobs
TMF Group jobs
Hippodrome Casino jobs
Dr Cymru Cyf jobs