Job Display - Return to Search Results
Project Director MEP Sharma NA GB Job at Bechtel
Requisition ID: 231645
Requisition Posting End Date: 12/20/2020
NEOM PROJECT SUMMARY:
Saudi Arabian Bechtel Company will provide executive project management consultancy services (including technical, commercial, and construction management) for the development of certain defined aspects of the NEOM Infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.”
NEOM is a planned cross-border city in the Tabuk Province of northwestern Saudi Arabia. The site is near the Red Sea and the borders of Egypt, Israel, and Jordan. It will cover a total area of 26,500 km2 (10,200 sq. mi) and will extend 460 km along the coast of the Red Sea.”
NEOM will be the home and workplace to more than a million residents from around the world. It will include towns and cities, ports and enterprise zones, research centers, sports and entertainment venues, and tourist destinations. As a hub for innovation, entrepreneurs, business leaders, and companies will come to research, incubate, and commercialize new technologies and enterprises in groundbreaking ways.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The MEP Director is an executive management position on The NEOM Project responsible for establishing overall strategy policy and programs; and monitoring effective execution of the design, procurement, construction, testing and commissioning, and placing into the operation of the NEOM MEP services corridor and related systems whilst maintaining the project goals and objectives.
Responsible for the organization and direction of all activities within the MEP Services discipline. Services include HV transmission networks; clean water systems and infrastructure; wastewater and drainage systems, MEP systems associated with the GMT Grand mass transit system/High-speed Rail and Freight rail, MEP systems within buildings and stations, and the infrastructure backbone communication infrastructure.
Provides oversight of the Contractor’s and Subcontractor’s overall operation and execution of the project through the lead personnel of the operating sections, i.e., Construction Engineering, Quality Control, and Supervision. Provides on-site Bechtel representation to Client personnel.
- Receives operational and functional direction from the Program Director.
- Provides functional and operational direction to the directorate Project Managers and others, as assigned.
- Maintains continuous contact with client representatives, Contractors and Subconsultants Director level representatives, national governmental bureaus, public regulatory agencies, and civic groups as may be appropriate.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Establishes and formulates preliminary project execution plans, estimating plans, contract strategy, and other policies, plans, programs, and procedures for project operations.
- Establishes an effective organizational structure, including off-project functional and specialist support. Defines and communicates roles, responsibilities, and authorities to project team members and the Customer to ensure project completion in a safe manner, within budget, on schedule, and in conformance with the appropriate standards, specifications, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Reviews, appointments and assigns subordinate staff within the directorate. Assists in the training of new project managers and other project personnel in key positions through both formal training courses and on-the-job training. Establishes a plan to provide training opportunities for project personnel.
- Ensures scope, design basis, and objectives are defined, best practices/lessons learned reviewed, detailed work plans, schedules, budgets, and procedures are established, including Execution Plan; Contract Management Plan; Plan for addressing critical cross-functional work processes and systems, etc. Ensures integration of work plans of multiple execution units or entities.
- Monitors and controls all contractual commitments to ensure that all work is being performed in accordance with the specifications, drawings, and terms of the contract, that a trend program is in place, that change orders and claims are processed in a timely manner. Implement and maintains a change management control system.
- Facilitates with the project team the development, communication, implementation, update, and continual use of the Project Execution Plan. Reviews and approves project control systems which measure progress/performance, provide early warning of deviations from Plan, and identify corrective actions to be taken.
- Monitors quality requirements and ensures the proper processes are identified and implemented to achieve contractual quality commitments. Assesses customer perception of quality on a regular periodic basis.
- Oversees the Environmental, Safety & Health program for both the office and fieldwork environments including contractor and subcontractor activities. Ensures design is in accordance with ES&H laws and regulations applicable to the projects (country).
- Oversees the Document Control and Records Management function. Coordinates the documentation and software turnover package to the client at the end of the project. Ensures that customer standards for documentation and electronic files are maintained, as appropriate.
- Reviews and approves bid tabulations for commitments on all major purchase orders, contracts, and sub-contracts, and approves critical changes to these documents in accordance with the delegated commitment authority. Considers currency protection and hedging, as appropriate.
- Monitors cash flow within assigned budget responsibility on the project. Informs the Customer of the current and anticipated cash requirements.
- Promotes the management concept of Continuous Improvement (CI) among all members of the project team.
- Conducts periodic project and Customer meetings consistent with the project communications plan to promote and facilitate communication, review progress/performance, discuss issues, and facilitate problem resolution. Develops a communication plan to ensure effective communications between the project team, the Customer and off-project operations, Functional Management, RIU/EU, and Senior Management.
- Experience in a similar role in delivering complex utilities and MEP in a rural and remote environment.
- Experience in MEP systems associated with the GMT Grand mass transit system/High-speed Rail and Freight rail
- Experience in MEP systems within buildings and stations
- Knowledge of all phases of construction project execution from scope development to handover and operations.
- Thorough knowledge of multi-services networks and systems, including HV transmission networks, water desalination systems, and distribution networks, inter-city fiber networks, and interface requirements.
- Knowledge of industry, technology, and EPC/PMC work processes, including knowledge of customs, culture, and business practices.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), management, and organizational skills
- Excellent working knowledge of the Health and Safety regulations and other relevant legislation and processes affecting Freight Rail installations.
- Thorough knowledge of similar projects Quality Policies.
Qualifications, Certifications & Experience:
- Recognized university degree in Engineering with a minimum of 25 years’ experience on major infrastructure projects including the development of major utility schemes.
- Prior extensive work experience leading project execution at Director level
- Extensive experience as a Project Director for utilities and MEP engineering construction project in the Middle East and preferably in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Demonstrate previous experience working on complex Utilities and MEP projects extending many kilometers in length and utilizing sustainable developments.
- Knowledge of projects in remote zones with difficult accessibility environments.
- Membership of an appropriate professional body typically Chartered or PE.
- Have an excellent track record of project delivery: safely, to Schedule, quality, and cost.
- Have demonstrable experience in leadership, building, and motivating teams.
- Demonstrate excellent presentation, negotiation skills organizational skills, ability to plan and manage own time. In addition to computer skills in various software in Microsoft Office.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.More information on this Job
ID: 26864991 - Save Job
: HR Jobs
Bechtel jobs and careers. Learn why Bechtel is one of the most respected engineering, construction, and project management companies in the world. . bechtel.com is on the socials at Blog, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, LinkedIn. And fields such as: Health
, Engineering Jobs
. And locations like: Brisbane Jobs
, Sydney Jobs
, Perth Jobs
, Melbourne Jobs
Ramsay Health jobs
Recruitment International jobs
Consultants Board jobs
New Civil Engineer jobs
Thomson Reuters jobs
Flame Health jobs
Church International Technology jobs
Berwick Partners jobs