Job Display - Return to Search Results
Head of Automation and Robotics Domain Newbury GB Job at Vodafone
More information on this Job
Head of Automation & Robotics Domain
Location: Newbury (Full remote working during Covid-19)
The Automation & Robotics domain is critical to the success of IT at Vodafone. This team is accountable for the architecture and design of our automation practice that underpins everything from process automation, guided diagnostics, & solves some of our most complex challenges. It is also home of our contextualised marketing platform based on Pega technology.
The role is a digitally focussed technical leadership role with significant influence and remit within Vodafone IT. You will directly report to the Head of IT Platform Engineering and manage a team of 25 with a further 70+ dotted lines.
What will you be doing?
- Lead a team of engineers who enable the execution of Vodafone ambitious projects portfolio and deliver a fantastic user experience.
- Ensure a coherent & ambitious Robotics & Automation technology roadmap that links to Vodafone’s strategy and objectives.
- Own the delivery of “right first time” designs and taking personal accountability to ensure technical solutions are developed, tested and deployed to our production systems.
- Innovate to evolve our continuous integration / continuous development pipeline and drive true zero touch automation across the stack.
- Nurture a dev ops culture across the domain and the wider IT function.
- Build and run IT software and infrastructure, delivering against cost, time and quality
- Technical performance engineering - to engineer in-life performance improvements (availability, capacity, reliability, security)
- Build software engineering skills which aligns with industry and COT’s best practices.
- Create and own the 2-year people plan including insourcing, outsourcing, high performing teams and people engagement.
- Set the future direction for the domain
Who are we looking for?
- Proven leader and ability to inspire and motivate a team of word class engineers.
- Ability to create a vision and a strategy for the function.
- Knowledge & experience in Pega automation products (Infinity), architecture, design, implementation & platform engineering.
- Engineering knowledge of CICD tooling & implementation is a must have (e.g. Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Nexus etc).
- Engineering knowledge in UI path, Cortex is ideal.
- Engineering knowledge of cloud design & solutions, specifically AWS
- Extensive knowledge in platform engineering and dimensioning production environments.
- Proven experience in multi-tier delivery structures (e.g. off-shore, on-shore, multi-vendor). This includes execution and sourcing of commercial contracts
- Excellent budget and financial management skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels (up to C-level).
What’s in it for you?
An excellent remuneration and bonus package with 28 days holiday entitlement, in addition to bank holidays and paid leave for charity projects. We offer an extensive and flexible benefits package that can be tailored to suit you and your family. From our market-leading parental leave policies through to employee discounts, retail vouchers, pension plan and share schemes we are committed to supporting you throughout your career with Vodafone.
The future is exciting.
ID: 26866154 - Save Job
: Retail Jobs
We have extensive experience in connectivity, convergence and the Internet of Things, as well as championing mobile financial services and digital transformation in emerging markets.
Since making the first mobile call in the UK on 1 January 1985, Vodafone has grown into an international business and one of the most valuable brands in the world. We have mobile operations in 22 countries, partner with mobile networks in 42 more, and provide fixed broadband in 17 markets.
As of 30 June 2020, Vodafone Group had approximately 300+ million mobile customers, 27 million fixed broadband customers and 22 million TV customers, including all of the customers in Vodafone’s joint ventures and associates.
IMS Services Development Engineer Newbury GB
Retail Adviser 30hrsWeek - Leeds 89 Commercial Street Leeds 89 Commercial Street GB
Student Employment Assistant Newcastle GB
Research Associate Newcastle GB
Research AssistantAssociate in Solid-State Battery Modelling Newcastle GB
Professional and Administration Services Officer Newcastle GB
Patient Registry Project ManagerCurator Newcastle GB
Research AssistantAssociate - Seascapes Newcastle GB
Data Manager Newcastle GB
Clinical Trials Adminstrator Newcastle GB
Wyndham Hotels jobs
Newcastle University jobs
Mobile Mini jobs
Royal Mail Group jobs
Premier Inn jobs
TMF Group jobs
Hippodrome Casino jobs
Dr Cymru Cyf jobs